Friday, March 27, 2015

March's Spotlight of The Month!


Post Contains Affiliated Links

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette - $49.00 CDN

I know, I know Spring is in the air and everyone wants to take out their sunny clothes and bright colored makeup.  Trust me, so do I.  I think I have had enough of Mother Nature and her tantrums this winter!!  However one thing I have to say is that when it comes to makeup, some palettes are worth using year around to brighten up your life! Even if it does happen to currently be 19F in Oakville right now at the end of March!

Last year in the fall, Tarte came out with a limited edition Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette that actually left me wanting it.  The only time I have ever felt this moved for any eyeshadow palette was for my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette.  Tarte seems to make the most amazing eyeshadow palettes that also encompass blush as well.  However many of these great palettes are only limited edition which really suck.  Cause once they are gone, you can't buy them anymore.   Unless you hit up ebay and pay through the....well you know.  Yet luck be a lady, as a few days ago I received any email stated that this palette was back again as a re-release for a limited time! 

The reason why I just fell for this palette was because of its all in one multi-purpose use.  First this palette design is beautiful!  It comes in a nice sturdy case that almost looks like Brazilian wood!  Next the circular palette disc is as big as the palm of your hand giving you plenty of product.  Yet what is most impressive about this palette is that you can contour, highlight, apply blush and eyeshadow all in one compact.  This palette is great for traveling because of its sturdy case and ability to offer you everything you need for your face in one place.  The mirror is also large which allows you a full view of your face while you apply your makeup.

The eyeshadows are highly pigmented, have little to no fall out and blend amazingly well.  You get three great lovely pink/purplish shades and three gold/nude/brown shades.  I wore this eyeshadow (with primer of course) for almost 15 hours straight without having any creasing or the shadows disappearing.  The blush is a lovely pink shade that is not to dark nor to light either that it can't be worn during the winter.  The pink blush color is midrange so it fits well for all seasons.  The blush was easy to pick up and offered great coverage that lasted all day without needed to be touched up.  This palette had an amazing highlighting shade that I was able to wear on my cheek bones, nose and chin which appeared lovely without looking too disco ball.  I also used it for my eyebrow bone and inner corner of my eye.  The bronzer is a nice grey tone which works lovely for contouring and bronzing.  It applied well and blended in seamless to my face and a little really did go a long away.  It lasted all day and because it has grey undertones and not red or orange, it works well for my yellow/green undertones. 

The only complaint I had with this palette, is while the colors are beautiful, the quality is amazing and the price afforded for all it offers, this palette doesn't work well with all skin tones.  I found by reading many reviews that some of these colors did not show up on darker skin tones.  It mostly flatter and appeared on those with light to medium skin tones.  So its something worth considering if you fall out of these two skin tone ranges.  I really wish makeup companies would try to be more universal with their color selections.  However Tarte does have other palettes that work for dark skin tones so its worth looking through their collection if one palette can't offer you what you are looking for.  Tarte does make amazing products which are worth exploring and do offer many different color selections for skin tones of all types.  

So there you have it! My Spotlight of the Month on the re-released limited edition Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette.  Let me know if you have tried this palette and what your thoughts are!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates