Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish



Fresh Sugar Lip Polish - $26.00 CDN

Winter is harsh. Period.  And when you live in a country where sometimes the weather can dip to -24F (and lower) on a normal cold winter day, then that gives a new meaning to the word "DAMN"!  Needless to say I have lived through that and then some.  Nonetheless while I might be able to handle this harsh weather in warm clothes; my skin, hands, feet and lips always take a toll.  

I normal apply heavy body cream during the winter and get out my face oils to keep my skin nice and hydrated.  I use a lot and I mean a lot of hand cream and foot lotion to keep the skin on both these areas feeling nice and looking silky and not ashy.  However I was noticing that I was suffering from lip burns due to the cold.  I mean to the point that my skin was peeling off my lips and bleeding! I have never had that happen to me before.  And though I use lip balms like its going out of style (literally have at least two lip balms/chapstick in each room of the house) and I exfoliate my lips with my toothbrush twice a day, nothing was helping to get my lips under control.  

I decided to google the net and realized that everyone has been talking about using sugar lip scrubs either by Fresh or Sara Happ for the winter weather.  I was just about to place an order online for Sara Happ when I first decided to "shop my stash" and see if by chance I so happen to have a lip scrub on hand.   It so happens that I did! I realized that I had a Julep lip scrub and the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish.  I have used the Julep one before but I felt like I needed something stronger.  So I decide to give the Fresh one a chance.  



I pulled it out and set it on my bathroom counter with the rest of my skincare products.  I figured if I place it there right in front of me, then I would not forget to use it everyday twice a day as my final skincare routine.  I noticed that it had a brown sugar smell to it.   While on some websites it looks like it has sugar crystals in it,  however in reality it looks like a gritty brown paste.  At first glance, I didn't know what to thing of the formula.  But as I always say "in the name of beauty, you try it all" (well almost).   My lip polish was a sample size I received from Sephora when I placed a order back in July.  The sample size is quite generous and I hear the actual size is pretty big and will last for awhile.  

This product states to apply a generous amount with your finger on your lips and rub the paste in. Afterwards, you can wipe it off with a tissue.  I prefer to wash it off gently because I don't like the feeling it leaves behind when you don't get all the paste off.  You can feel the crystals as you rub them into your lips and how it exfoliates them.  Afterwards you can see and feel a major difference. Even when I gently wash it off, my lips feel like a moisturizer has been left behind on them.  It doesn't feel waxy or oily.  Rather like a soft lip balm was just placed on my lips.  I noticed that my lips feel conditioned for hours afterwards.  I also noticed that I was reaching for my lip balms a lot less then usual throughout the day.  This sugar lip scrub keeps my lips feeling awesome almost till the night time when I have to perform my skincare routine again.

I really like this sugar lip polish and will keep using it till it runs out.  I am planning to try the Sara Happ one as well since they retails for almost the same price in Canadian with a four dollar difference.  I know that you can also make these lip scrubs yourself, but seriously like current famous saying on the net "ain't no one got time for that!"  I rather use something that comes already made and not me having to whip it up in the kitchen....er...bathroom.

Well there you have it, my lip beauty treatment to survive this winter weather! If you have tried other lip scrubs, then let me know in the comment box down below so I can look into them as well!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana   

Share This!


5 comments:

  1. Ooh - this looks great! My lips are always dry! You don't list the ingredients - what are they? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go! :)

      Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss and buffs away dry flakes.
      -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect; restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture.
      -Shea Butter: Acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin.
      -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals.

      Sucrose, Jojoba Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance, Nylon-12, Shea Butter, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral.

      Delete
  2. I could definitely use that. My lips get extremely dry in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates