Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review of the Week: Adovia Mineral Eye Gel


Adovia Mineral Eye Gel - $29.00 US

I got this product as part of an advertorial

Everything Beauty and Beyond was given the opportunity to review this mineral eye gel by Adovia.  I have to say I have tried many products so far from this company and have not been disappointed by the quality of products they put out! 

According to their site it says:

"Mineral Eye Gel - with Dead Sea Minerals, Vitamin C and Ginsent - 1 Ounce. Let your eyes shine again with their natural beauty - get rid of the wrinkles around your eyes and smooth out fine lines. The delicate skin around your eyes requires a special, gentler touch. Our unique, fragrance-free eye gel delivers rich moisture to the area around your eyes, and is gentle and soft at the same time. This sheer, light gel is infused with active minerals from the Dead Sea to soothe and protect the delicate eye area from dehydration and the signs of aging. Adovia's unique eye gel is specially formulated for the delicate area around the eyes. This gentle, ultra-light gel absorbs quickly and keeps the eye area hydrated all day. Essential Dead Sea minerals and Evening Primrose Oil provide lasting moisture helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Chamomile and Sweet Almond extracts soothe and revitalize the skin leaving it radiant and smooth. Vitamins A and C work to protect the skin from daily damage."

The mineral eye gel itself comes in minimal packaging but with the brand and title prominently displayed. The gel contains Dead Sea Minerals, Vitamin C and Ginsent which are all pretty good ingredients to pack into any eye cream.  The jar itself is certainly a generous size.  It's not as small as some eye creams I've come across that don't give you enough bang for you buck!  I find those gel eye very disappointing that promise you hope in a bottle that come in the size of a dime.  I think for the amount of money we spend on eye cream it should for sure last you more then just a month.  However the only thing I don't like about this eye is that it comes in a jar.  Since this contains Vitamin C; Vitamin C is an antioxidant which starts to break down when it hits air and light.  So in order to preserve the ingredients, it would be wise that the company get rid of manufacturing this cream in a jar form and transfer it over to a vacuum pump container which helps maintain the ingredients in the bottle.   

This eye gel is clear (whiteish) in color and has no smell to it which is a bonus when applying cream around the eye.  It absorbs very quickly into your skin which is awesome when you are rushing to get out the door or getting read for bed.  I hate putting on eye cream or any type of cream for that matter that requires time to dry especially at night.  You should be able to put your head down on a pillow shortly after applying this eye cream.  Adovia's website says you can apply it in the mornings as well, but I would keep it to just nights.  I wouldn't want to potentially have stinging eyes on my way to work.  Since this did sting my eyes a bit I would stay with using it as a night time routine or applying it VERY carefully in the morning.

I  recently moved and did not have a lot of opportunity to use the eye gel mostly because I was too stressed out to remember, but I will give an account of my experience with it.  First, don't apply too close to the eye.  It will end up seeping in at the corners and stinging your eye!  Always apply eye cream to the tops, sides and bottoms (your under eye area) of your orbital bone.  The closer you get to the inside of your eye the higher risk you run of irritation with ANY eye cream.  

At 34 years old, I do not have wrinkles around my eyes but I most certainly have to start using anti-wrinkle cream BEFORE the wrinkles appear!  While we all know that anti-aging, the concept is nonsense as nothing you will ever do will stop you from aging.  However we can slow down the signs of aging by using well formulated product that help to keep the skin looking young and supple.  It's difficult to say in such a short amount of time whether or not the product truly works but I plan on continuing to use it to combat any potential wrinkles.  I really liked this cream and found it useful for my eye area.  Eye wrinkles or not, it is well formulated and worth trying out!

Keep Smiling!

Paulette

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share This!


3 comments:

  1. I'll forward this on to my friends who need eye gel. Well written piece though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about keeping my skin (especially the sensitive skin around my eyes!) fresh and young-looking! Sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent used it long enough to state unequivocally that it's amazing but so far results look promising and I plan on continuing using it.

      Delete

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates