Saturday, February 1, 2014

February's Spotlight of the Month!

February's Spotlight! 
 




I briefly blogged about this product in my last post about "A Few of My Favorite Things" for last Christmas season! However I felt an actual post for this was worthy and thus have made it my spotlight of the month for December!

When Prescriptives (PX) opened it doors in 1979, it took the world by storm with its great line of products.  However, in 2009 PX decided to close down their skincare and makeup line due to many different reasons. In 2011 after massive amounts of letters from their PX consumers (some angry one's no doubt), they relaunched their product exclusively online.  However not everything was made available on their site. One of their products which did not relaunch with the site was their Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Potion.  To the left is a picture of what PX Magic Potion use to look like.



I was beyond devastated when i realized that their PX magic potion was for sure this time no longer for sale. I searched the net high and low to try to find something that came even close to this product. however my efforts went in vain.  Nonetheless, last month while I searched again really with no hope but just for the shits and giggles of it, I came across this product from Victoria Secret called VS PRO Magic FX Radiant Flash Brightening Cream.  I was in so much shock that this product could possibly be a version of PX Magic Potion that I researched it on Paula's Choice to make sure it was worth the time and money and happily it was!! 

This product works well on days that you don't want to wear makeup.  This product has a pearlescent formula that when applied on bare clean skin gives it a holographic look in direct sunlight.  It helps to blur imperfections and give you a flawless finish.  You can also apply this under your foundation or mix it in with your foundation in order to get that same effect. VS Pro Magic FX cream seems to work in the same effect that PX Magic Potion originally did.  However the good part about it is that it cost less then the PX one and works just as well. 

I don't know why the PX Magic Potion or VS Magic Cream has never been famous amongst makeup users. But all I know is that this works and it gives your face such a beautiful glow and finish to it.  This is definitely my HG when it comes to 'magic potions' in a bottle.  I was so excited when I saw this at the VS store in the Eaton Store in Toronto, that I bought the last two remaining!! 

You can buy this VS PRO Magic FX Radiant Flash Brightening Cream online or at any Victoria Secret store near you.

Keep smiling! 

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates