Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Maybelline Color Tattoo

Maybelline Color Tattoo

Maybelline Color Tattoo - $6.00 / $10.00 CDN

On my blog and Youtube Channel, I hardly ever mention drugstore makeup.  Not because I don't like it; its simply because besides the lipsticks (which is gross) you can't really sample any other products at the drugstore.  When it comes to makeup, I need to feel the texture, feel how it blends and see the pigmentation swatched on my hand.  At Sephora, you can play with all the makeup and beyond to your hearts content.  However, at the drugstore, you are limited to what you can actually touch and play with.  Hence why I normally only shop at Sephora or Holt Renfrew (for the makeup brands I can't find at Sephora) because of their ability to let you touch the fun stuff.

I was watching Youtube a few months back, and noticed that everyone was talking about these Maybelline's Color Tattoo shadows.  Youtube is great because it allows the viewers to get real personal reviews from average folks.  Plus, they swatch the colors, talk about pigmentation and show you the texture in regards to how they apply.   So after seeing a few of the Youtube Guru's mentioning this product and doing makeup tutorials, I decided to give this a shot.

I picked up two at my local Shoppers Drugmart.  I first bought Tough as Taupe because I like the matte greyish brown/purply color and figured I could do a few matte eye looks with this. I then went back and picked up Bad to the Bronze after seeing Makeup by TiffanyD doing an everyday-go-to eyeshadow tutorial.

These Color Tattoo's come in a .14oz glass jar.  You can buy these in three different types of variations.  Either in metal, cream gel or leather textures and colors.   The two colors I have come in the cream gel form.  They are soft to the touch.  However I noticed that the Bad to the Bronze which is a shimmer stain finish is much softer then Tough as Taupe which is a very matte color.  Both swatch well and are easy to apply.  I like to apply these two eyeshadows with my Blank Canvas Cosmetics F17 brush.  Since these are cream and not powder eyeshadows, they apply better with a concealer type brush since the bristles are designed and used to pick up and blend cream products. 

These cream shadows have amazing staying power.  When I swatched both these eyeshadows and went to wipe them off, they didn't move.  I had to wash the back of my hand really hard a couple of times before it came off.  I actually gave in and used makeup remover as it didn't come off completely with soap and water.  It stood all day and didn't move, crease or budge on my eyes.  I was amazed at their staying power and blendability.  They didn't crease throughout the day and really held their pigmentation.   They are very creamy and apply well.  However those that are matte tend be a little less creamier then the shimmer ones.  Nonetheless, applying them to my lid was no big deal.      

The only problem I have with cream eyeshadows is that they tend to dry out very quickly.  So unless you are using them everyday, don't except these to last more then a year.  However for the price, it makes it possible to toss them out and buy new ones year after year.  

I would totally recommend these if you are in the market for new cream eyeshadows.  Maybelline really stands out here with their textures and colors.  There are 20 shades in total in the line, with the exception of the limited edition ones they put out here and there.  Also, something to keep in mind, I have noticed that some of the colors and textures that are sold in the USA are either not sold in Canada or sold in a different color and form. 

So there you have it, my short review on Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows!

Keep Smiling

Dayana          

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates