Thursday, June 4, 2015

Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo

Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo - $26.00 CDN

Since I was about 13 years old, I have been exfoliating my lips with my toothbrush right after brushing my teeth.  It has helped with keeping at bay dry, chapped lips.  However this winter, since the weather drop to like -40 degrees (F) in Ontario, it did a serious number on my lips that no lip balm or toothbrush could cure.  My lips were not only chapped but they were peeling and bleeding no matter what type of lip balm I applied.  I had to stop wearing lipstick and lipgloss because it just looked awful with the state of my lips.  That just sucked when I couldn't finish my makeup look with my favorite lip products.  

One day while surfing instagram (don't you just love that social media!!) I saw a girl who I follow mention this product, the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo.  I had seen it on Sephora a few days before, but was not sure if it was real or just another gimmicky product.  She mentioned on how it made her lips fuller and smoother after just one application.  Grant it,  the results  of fuller lips were temporary as this isn't botox, but nonetheless she took before and after pictures that did show impressive results.  So of course, I hopped on over to Sephora and picked it up.  I mean it was only $26 dollars, so why not.  


It came in a lovely blue box with two products inside.  A lip mask in a 0.32oz glass size jar and 0.17oz lip balm in a stand up tube.  The products are small and basically seem more like a trial version then anything else, however for $26 what more can you ask for?!  The creator of this product, Dr. Stuart Kaplan states that the lip mask has great ingredients including 22 organic extracts, High and Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid, Marine Collagen Tri-Peptide and Papaya Enzymes to help plump up the lips.  The lip balm contains SPF 20 in order to protect the lips for the harmful UV rays.  This product claims to plump up your lips by reducing fine lines and hydrating them.  

I read the directions on the box and it stated to apply the lip mask with the enclosed spatula to clean lips for 3-5 minutes.  Afterwards you are to tissue it off and apply the lip balm immediately in order to lock in the hydration and protect the lips from sunburn.  At about the 1-2 minute mark, I started feeling a tingling sensation as this was stated could be a possibility.  However I didn't feel any burning sensation which was great.  After wiping it off I applied the lip balm right away as stated.

My results were in between.  While I didn't see a massive difference on my top lip, however I did notice my bottom lip was much much fuller and looked pretty and plum.  I assume that is due to the hyaluronic acid that is found in the mask.  Hyaluronic acid plumps up the skin when applied to the surface and helps to hide wrinkles.  Lips tend to wrinkle as we get older, so this acid is great for smoothing out the skin.  This also left my lips feeling wonderful.  They felt extremely smooth and soft just after one application.  The chapness I was dealing with after just one application seemed less visible.   

Overall, while I didn't get the botox lip look that we would all love to have (fuller lips I mean not blown up lips) it still gave me an impressive bottom lip that was soft, smooth and felt hydrated.  I would totally recommend this product if you are looking to plump up your lips (temporary) and get a soft smooth finish.  

So there you have it.  My review on this product that seems to be just about on everyone's lips!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana      

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates