Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Insta Natural Advance Action Retinol Review

Insta Natural Advance Action Retinol - $23.75 US

I received this product as part of an advertorial. 

I have been using retinol for over a year now and I have to say its amazing.  Retinol (not to get too medical here) is the "cousin" of retinoids.  However with retinoids you need a doctors prescriptions and while you will see results literally in a short amount of time, it can be VERY harsh on people's skin to the point that many give up before the process is complete.  I know a few people who use retiniods and when they started out, they face literally looked like Samantha's from Sex and the City when she had a face peel.   Needless to say, while it eventually settles down, its very distressing for many at first.  So when retinol was available it was like the miracle cure for those who can't tolerate retinoids or are to scared to try it.

However with that being said, retinol is no easy fix either.  When I first decided to use retinol, I was 31 years old and realized that my face was no longer that of a 20 year old.  I decided to first started out with .5% in order to avoid a massive irritating.  I then moved to 1% and now 2.5%.  However along the way as my skin was experience cell turnover (which is only caused by retinol, retinoids, vitamin C, BHA or AHA) I did have slight irritating and peeling for a short while.  Moreover, what a lot of people don't know, is that even though retinol is a less stronger version then retinoids, it can still do a number on your face if you start to high.  So it is ALWAYS recommended you start at a lower percentage and work your way up.

When Insta Natural asked me to review this product I jumped at the chance because I have been looking to move up in retinol percentage with the right ingredients. Insta Natural states that its formula contains "Maximum Strength Retinol with a 2.5% concentration of Retinol (Vitamin A). It Fights Wrinkles, Fine Lines & Hyperpigmentation - Vitamin A, along with Vitamin C and Green Tea, provide strong antioxidant power to fight against the signs of aging. These nutrients work synergistically to reverse the effects of sun exposure and other aggressors that damage the skin, leading to the development of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and more. Using our Retinol Cream daily will help to improve skin tone and texture to reveal younger, healthier skin. Reduces Blemishes and Breakouts - Vitamin A has also been known to help with blemishes. By removing dead skin and unclogging pores, Retinol can help control breakouts so you can achieve a clearer, smoother, flawless complexion. Hydrates Skin - No need to worry about dryness or flaking. Our Retinol Moisturizer formula contains a creamy blend of nourishing ingredients, such as Jojoba Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, and Shea Butter, which keeps your skin well hydrated. Once applied, the retinol cream will leave your skin feeling soft and supple throughout the day."

I started using this product for a month but had to discontinue once I found out I was pregnant. While there is no medical proof to prove that retinol will harm an unborn child when applied topically (not orally) nonetheless its best to mitigate risk and air on the side of caution. However in the short time I did use it, I did see amazing results. First, due to the jojoba oil, my skin did not suffer from dryness and peeling nearly as much as it does when I first go up a percentage in retinol. I also noticed that my very little fine lines that started forming around my eyes became less noticeable. The hyaluronic acid did wonders in helping to plump out my skin and I saw a great continuous improvement in my brown spots for a pimple that decided to leave behind its traces. The vitamin C was a great addition as this antioxidant helps to improve the brightness of the skins quality and helps as well with brown spots, hyperpigmenation and cell turnover.  

However with all that being said, one thing needs to be kept in complete mind when using retinol, retinoids, vitamin C, BHA or AHA.  You must use a SUNBLOCK at ALL times when leaving the house during the day.  If not then your skin while burn badly with the sun AND all the work you are trying to do with retinol to reverse wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, signs of aging, brown spots and so on will not change.  Many people fail to see this point.  So if you aren't going to use sunblock that is broad spectrum protection (UVA/UVA) and at least 30 SPF and over, then don't buy this protect as you are only wasting your money.  It's very important when using products like this you follow the rules as stated and protect your skin during the day from the harmful rays of the sun which are a MASSIVE contributors to wrinkles, hyperpigmenation, brown spots and more.

Nonetheless when used correctly, this product claims to do what it states!  I would recommend this product!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

FTC: I received this product as part of an advertorial. However I was not paid for this review and all opinions expressed are solely my own.



Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates