Friday, December 5, 2014

50 Things to Know About Make-Up and Fashion Book Review


50 Things to Know About Make-Up and Fashion - Kindle $2.95 US

I received this product as part of an advertorial. 

I love reading books about fashion and makeup.  After spending 11 years in school to be a psychotherapist, reading anything BUT text books is a welcomed invite!  Especially those that help enhance your physical beauty!  One of the reasons why I love beauty books is because you get to learn from professionals without having to pay a hefty price. 

I was recently asked to review the book "50 Things to Know About Make-Up and Fashion" by Mehreen Khan.  This book is a great and easy read and comes in a kindle version.  It gives you 50 makeup tips in beauty and fashion that are laid out in point form.  Underneath each heading is a small paragraph about the topic.  It covers issues from makeup, beauty, fashion, skincare and hair.   Throughout the book you also see quotes from famous makeup artist and fashion designers which are really inspirational.  

I really liked their section on makeup because it had practical information that one can use in everyday life.  This books gives you information about makeup, how to apply it what colors would flatter your skin tone. However if you are looking to find tricks on like how to apply and get that perfect eyeshadow application or on contouring and highlighting, then this is not the book for you.  

This book is based on the basic premises of makeup, period. It can guide you with picking the right colors for your face and what will and won't work for you.  As well as what type of clothing will flatter your body. If you are new to makeup and fashion, then this book will give you the foundation of what you need in order to remain classy and stylish.  

 The 50 points in this book are very educational and provide much common sense.  For someone like me who has a good understanding of makeup, I was able to agree with 49 points.  There was one point however, that I couldn't agree with and it was in regard to foundation application.  The book stated the best way to apply it is with your fingers.  I completely disagree with this point. If you use or have ever used a stippling brush you would know what a massive difference these makeup foundation brushes give you versus simply using your fingers.  Using your fingers to apply foundation is finger painting as I call it.  My stippling brush always gives me a flawless look that my fingers have NEVER been able to do.  Moreover, my foundation brush can get into any area of my face with no problem.  These brushes are able to buff in your makeup in such a manner that it looks like you have nothing on.  I would never touch my face to apply my makeup.  I am completely anal about keeping everything sanitized to avoid a breakout. 

Nonetheless, besides that one point the rest was information that I already use and completely agree with.  If you are new to makeup and/or need an informative base to start with, then this book is certainly for you!

Keep Smiling!
Dayana


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates