Sunday, August 3, 2014

Scott Barnes Body Bling - Platinum


Scott Barnes Body Bling Platinum - $30.00 US

There comes a time in a girls life when you look down at your legs and say "damn I need a tan!!"  I was born naturally white.  Who am I kidding I'm pretty transparent that its ridiculous.   However with that all being said, I refuse to tan.  Well at least sun tan that is.  I normally use a self tanner on my legs during the summer in order to not sport that "casper" look.  Yet at times I want more then just a self tan(ner) but more of a "bling" look!  Upon searching the net I came across this product developed by Scott Barnes called 'Body Bling' that not only gives you an instant self tan as soon as you apply it, but it also adds a bit of shimmer to give your legs that Victoria Secret runway look!  So you know I had to try it!  If I could "look" like a VS model (leg wise) then I was SOLD!

I was having a hard time finding this in Canada so I order it from Amazon.com and had it shipped to my sister who shipped it to me.  I tried ordering it from Scott Barnes website but they wanted over $20 in shipping which is outrageous.  Not for nothing a bottle of this size only cost about $7.50 to ship from the USA to Canada.  I should know, my sister did it for me!  So sorry Scott, but you need to work on the shipping rate if you want more Canadians to buy this...just saying!


Anyway back to this review.  I decided to try this out for my friends engagement garden party where (gasp) I was being forced to wear a skirt and expose my legs!!  This body bling cream comes in two colors, original and platinum.  I decided to buy this in the color platinum as the original gives you a lovely dark tan which looked awesome, but come on who I was going to kid with that.  My legs would be super tan while the rest of my face, neck and arms would be white?  Also, I don't wear self tanner EVER on my face so I couldn't get away with it.  However platinum was an awesome color.  Not only did it give my legs a slight lovely tan that still seemed realistic to the rest of my body, but it also gave it this amazing shimmer effect that wasn't like BANG in your face disco ball feel but its shimmery enough that it glisten with the rays of the sun.  I honestly couldn't stop touching my legs cause of how awesome they looked! Conceited, I know! But when you are use to just looking at white pasty legs all day long, this is a massive welcome. 

So if you are transparent to fairly white skinned, then platinum is the color for you.  If you actually have color on your skin, then either or works, but the original formula might work better.  

However a word of caution, this body bling does at times rub off on clothes.  So make sure to only use this on body parts that are not covered with clothing.  Also, don't wear white with this on unless you want potential streaks on your clothes.  If you mix this in with your body cream it makes it easier to glide on.  While this cream did go on pretty smooth and very evenly, however with a bit of cream it can go a long way and was easier to rub on to the body.  This body bling was pretty moisturizing which was a plus for me.  My legs never felt or looked dry or starchy.  This also left my legs with an even tone color.  Some self tanners leave streaks and this by far did not.  I was very surprised at the results, easiness and effectiveness of the product.

 This washes off easily from your hands after applying.  I know some self tanners stain your hands and with this product I had NO issues whatsoever.  Lastly, this comes off easily in the shower with no big fuss and didn't stain my tub in anyway.

If you are looking for a nice self tanner with a bit of bling, cause come on we all know bling is in!! Then pick up this body bling and see how you will shimmer all while still looking professional and not like a disco ball!!

This truly is the best body purchase when it comes to self tanners I have made all summer long!!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates