Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tip Tuesday: How to Fix Broken Eyeshadow or Blush!


I have broken enough eyeshadows and blushes in my time that I could start my own "broke makeup collection".   However it wasn't until I saw a youtuber put up a video about how to fix these broken disasters that I realized that I really didn't have to throw out my makeup.  Below are tips you can use to fix your broken makeup when disaster strikes.  If you follow these instructions accordingly, your makeup will look good as new!  However, I do not recommend you try this on compact foundation or face powder.  Stick to eyeshadow and blush due the high concentration of alcohol needed to correct the issue.

Things You'll Need!

1. Your broken makeup (duh)!
2. A coin about the size of a quarter
3. Rubbing alcohol
4. Tissue
5. Butter knife
6. Medicine squirter
7. Plastic sandwich bag


1. Grab your broken product and place it inside a plastic sandwich bag at the corner of the bag. Then grab the end of a butter knife (or any utensil for that matter) and break up the rest of product inside the bag.  Make sure to break up the product with the butter knife over the bag and secure it tightly so that the product doesn't go all over the place.


 2. Remove your eyeshadow from the bag carefully and add 2-3 drops of rubbing alcohol, 70% or higher with a small medicine squirter.  Be careful not to add to much as you don't want to make your eyeshadow soup either.  The rubbing alochol will cause the eyeshadow or blush to look a bit muddy, but don't worry you want it to look that way for a reason.


3.  Once you are done putting in 2-3 drops of rubbing alcohol, grab a coin (depending on the size of your eyeshadow or blush) and wrap it tightly in tissues.  Once the coin is wrapped, press down firmly on the muddy looking eyeshadow or blush until it starts to compact before your eyes.  Do this for 30 seconds.  Make sure you press firmly in order to help the broken makeup re-create it original shape.


4. After you are done re-shaping your makeup back to its original form, wipe it clean on the sides and set it aside so that it dries overnight for the next 24 hours.  Do not close the lid on it.  Leave it open in a clean, dry, sanitary place so that the shadow or blush dries back to it's original form.  Once the rubbing alochol is dry and the 24 hours have passed by, you can use it again with no problem!

Due to the fact that such a high content of alochol is used in this procedure, I do not recommend this for face powder or compact foundation as stated earlier.

Well there you have it! I have done this many times over and it has worked all the time!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

Share This!


2 comments:

  1. I don't use makeup except for eyebrow pencil. But I can see that this could be useful for girls who do use makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd visited and left a comment yesterday but apparently it didn't show! But these are great tips. I have a problem with always dropping my compact, so this is good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates