Thursday, March 27, 2014

Orange Lip Color. Is It For You?!


Fashion has always been dictated by the gods!  Well not really....but it seems like it half the time.  On the Spring 14' runway Orange lips seem to have taken the beauty walkway by storm.  I am personally not one to wear any other color but nude lips.  I play it safe...boring safe...but safe.  However, I can't deny that this orange color actually looks pretty.


When I first heard of orange lip color, the first thing that came to mind was crayon color.  Sooo not attractive.  However when I googled it, I realized that my crayon box of orange was not at all what the fashion industry was playing with and thank the gods for that!

  
The great thing about orange lip color is that you can get it in just about every color under the orange sun.  It works with just about every skin tone and comes in so many different shades that one is bound to find something that would work right for them.


If you are not a lipstick type person like I am, you can always find these great orange colors in a lip gloss.  Sephora has a whole section for orange lip products and you can find a lovely sales associate to help you pick your shade.


However never forget the rule!  It's either your eyes or lips, but don't play up both.  If you are going to wear an orange lip, then make sure your have neutral or tone down eye makeup.  The focal point of this look is your lips.  

So, will you be sporting orange lip color this Spring?

Keep Smiling!

Dayana


Share This!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Dayana!
    I'm a nude lip kinda girl too but I have to say I'm intrigued. Orange is one of my favourite colours. I think I'll start off with the lip gloss and take it from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was considering the same thing. So I went to the drugstore to buy a simple orange lip gloss and came back with two nude lipstick and 2 nude lipglosses. I am hopeless lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's very bold to step out in orange. Maybe one day, I'll give it a shot.
    Dorit Sasson
    Giving Voice to the Story
    www.GivingaVoicetotheVoicelessBook.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates