Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review of The Week! Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation



Last year I decided to get into mineral makeup because I heard it was very good for your skin. However after wearing it for almost six months, I didn't really like the way it made my skin look. While it physically didn't hurt my skin, however I always look like...well I was wearing makeup. Powdered makeup to be exact and that was just not flying with. I like the no makeup, makeup look. I believe foundation should be like a second skin on your face and not like a mask. Moreover, I have pretty decent skin so I didn't want my foundation to hide my face but to extenuate it. However after researching many foundation, I still didn't find any that gave that "second skin" look. That is until I hear of Guerlain.
One day late at night I was watching youtube and saw a girl named Ruby Golani applying this foundation on her makeup video. I loved the way it literally blended into her skin and just disappeared but still covered up any and all of her flaws. So I decided I need to buy it and try it out. I went to the Hudson Bay to see if they had a Guerlain counter and (thank God) they did. The girl tried them all on me and none were working until she reached 02 Beige Clair. That color literally disappeared into my skin. However to my great disgust she was out and was not sure when this foundation color would be coming back into stock. I then ran to Sephora and realized it was being sold there as well. They had 2 bottles left. I grabbed one and ran to the counter to pay for it. The next day I woke up early and tried it and was AMAZED on just how beautiful it looked on my skin!

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation SPF 20 is by far the best foundation I have ever tried that actually gives you a no foundation look. This foundation goes on smoothly and dries quickly. It seems like you have a second skin only just flawless and nothing like Hannibal Lecter type freakish! This also has SPF 20. However with that being said, don't rely on this or any SPF in makeup to protect you from the sun. You would need to apply this VERY heavily in order to actually receive the benefits of an SPF 20 protection. Don't believe me!? Click here to read my post on SPF in makeup and why you need a separate SPF to protection your face against the suns UV rays. Moreover, this foundation ONLY comes in 8 shades. Therefore, it leaves a very large group of skin tones out especially those who have dark colored skin tones.
The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that it does contain a small amount of alcohol and fragrance in the bottle. Two things which are not good for your skin and for many can actually cause irritation. I hope Guerlain realizes this and eventually removes this from their formula because these two small things are the only reason this is not my favorite product of the week. I do not believe at all that you should ever put alcohol products on your face. This causes free radical cell damage to your skin and totally not necessary to make a product this great. However with that being said, if you are not allergic to these two ingredients, then this foundation might be for you if you truly want that flawless finish and don't mind the small amount of alcohol and fragrance in it!
Keep Smiling!

http://www.ultimateblogchallenge.com#sthash.zN3xwgvj.dpuf

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates