Monday, January 20, 2014

Favorite Product of The Week! Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir


On my quest to find a prefect night cream which would leave me looking like a glowing goddess in the morning, I came across a product that I never knew had so much potential. I have been using Olay products since as far as I can remember. Olay was the first face cream I ever used, and no matter how many times I switched it up in my teens and 20’s, I always came back to Olay. However now in my 30’s my skin needed some serious help and a night cream was in order.

After much research I found that Olay has a product called ‘Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir’ which as the name states, is a serum you use at night before going to bed. So after reading tons of review on makeupalley.com and Paula’s Choice, I ran to the drugstore and bought it! $40 later and a tiny bottle, I felt almost robbed before I even started using it because of the size of the bottle. However I was told a very little amount goes a long way, so I decided against returning it and gave it a shot.

Here are the facts:

It contains AHA which is useful to exfoliate your skin.  It comes in a somewhat dark pump style bottle to preserve the serum in it. However, because it is an antioxidant you should store it in a dark place to keep it from deteriorating.  The directions state that after you clean your face at night, you apply it and nothing else as this takes the place of a night cream.  And while this does work as a night cream, it still has AHA in it, so you need a day cream to deal with any sort of dryness you might encounter. Lastly, you NEED TO USE a UVA/UVB Broad-Spectrum Protection SPF 30 and up when using any AHA product.  If not you run the risk of getting a sunburn when expose to the sun.

So after reading all the instructions, I slapped it on and went to bed. The next morning I did notice my face looked decent but nothing to write home about. However after using it steadily for 2 months straight, I must say my face looks amazing! It has really given my skin a nice texture and glow. When I wake up in the morning, my face feels hydrated, soft and looks healthy. After two months of using this product; since only a little is needed and one pump gives you more then enough serum for your face so nothing is wasted, the bottle was nowhere next to being half empty.  After 8 months of using this product the bottle still has plenty of serum in it, and still works wonders on my face when I wake up every morning.  I still don't look like a goddess, however the glowing part I got it down packed thanks to Olay!

I would highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a night cream and can tolerate AHA in their facial care routine. After all, it’s Olay! If your mother used it, probably you can too!

Keep Smiling!

http://www.ultimateblogchallenge.com#sthash.zN3xwgvj.dpuf

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates