Thursday, October 30, 2014

Old Factory Candles Gift Set Review (Happy Holidays Edition) and Give-a-Way!



I received this product as part of an advertorial. 

I am a scent person. I seriously am.  I mean I am such a scent person that I shower twice a day and use all sorts of body, hair and face products in order to ensure that I always smell clean.  The same way I feel about myself is how I feel about my home.  My home needs to always smell clean, crisp and lovely.  If it doesn't, then let me tell you the candles start coming out.  However with that being said, since I am currently pregnant, I am very smell sensitivity to the point where lately all smells have been turning me off.  However, when I was contacted by Old Factory to try their handmade natural soy wax self trimming cotton wick candles, I was game.  The reason why I was so into trying these candles out was because they had so many different scents to choice from and something about them made me feel the scent were pretty authentic and not filled with just dyes and perfumes.  Which is something I totally can't stand when candle companies substitute candle scents with heavy fragrances.   

Old Factory Candles come in 12 different box sets of three in 2oz forms.  Since the holidays are upon us I decided to try out their Happy Holidays edition.  I really wanted try out their Winter Wonderland edition, but I decided on the other set instead.  However I tell you right now, I am planning to buy their Wonderland edition as soon as my Happy Holiday edition set is done!


Scent in general are very important and powerful to people.  Being a psych major and psychotherapist by profession, smells can either bring someone great comfort or great distress.  Smells can helps us sell a house (homemade chocolate chip cookies in the oven) or turn us off like on a first date!  Smelling these candles truly brought me back to great moments in my life that actually brought me down memory lane!

The Happy Holiday Edition comes with three candles in the scent of Christmas Tree, Candy Cane and Gingerbread.  First let me start off by saying, I don't know how this company actually captured and bottled the scents of these candles in such an accurate way.  But they were so precise that I ran around the house making everyone sniff the candles and guess the scent before I told them what it was.  Everyone except for one person guessed them all correctly.        

The Christmas Tree candles actually smells like an Evergreen Tree.  And when I say Evergreen I mean Evergreen.  The smell is just crisp, amazing and not heavily scented.  I love the smell of an Evergreen Tree.  However I hate the smells of those trees that are so strong that they sting your eyes.  This smell reminded me of walking in the crisp winter snow with Evergreen trees surrounding me as snow falls ever so softly on my hair with a gentle breeze that is neither too cold or too warm for my skin.  I honestly kept thinking back at my time growing up in the Bronx, NY in the Oval Park where I spent many of my winters playing in the snow!  The smell of Pine and Evergreen Trees always brings me back home.  

The Candy Cane scent was delicious.  Growing up, I loved eating candy canes for Christmas because I love just about anything mint.  However, I can't stand mint that is so strong that it unclogs your nose and stings your eyes out.  This Cane Candy candle scent was so soft, gentle and minty delicious.  the mint smell was just right and capture the smell of candy canes hanging off a Christmas Tree in the right form.  Honestly, if I wasn't pregnant I think I would of grabbed a spoon and scooped it out for dessert.  It reminded me of vanilla mint ice cream!

I can't say enough about the Gingerbread candle scent.  I grew up in a private school were 90% of my teachers were Irish and the rest were British.  So Gingersnaps and gingerbread cookies were constantly being handled out on every and all holidays!  This Gingerbread candle scent brought me back to my elementary years.  This candle literally smelled like a Gingerbread house.  The smell was so delectably delicious.  I sat there for a good while just inhaling the smell in and taking in the memories.  There was no heavy fake perfume fragrance.  It literally smelled like I had gingerbread cookies baking in my oven. 


I have to say, out all the candles I have bought throughout my life, nothing and I mean nothing smelled as authentic as these candles.  While I have only tried their Happy Holiday Edition Set, I don't doubt that their Winter Wonderland will smell just as great.  I have decided since I am also having a baby soon, I will probably also buy their New Born Baby Edition Set.  I mean come on, nothing smells better than a new born baby who's been freshly bathed and all powdered up!

However I only have one complaint about this company and its that they only ship to the USA.  Being the fact that I currently live in Canada but travel back and forth, I had to get these mailed to my American address and then shipped to my Canadian address because right now I am in Canada.  So if you live in the USA I would say for sure buy these candles.  Trust me nothing will come as close to real life scents as these candles!


Old Factor Candles Gift Set Give-a-Way!

Old Factor Candles is currently doing a give-a-way to one lucky reader! In order to enter the contest you need to do four simply things!

1. You MUST have an amazon.com account as these candles will only be shipped through amazon!
2. Like us on facebook!
3. Follow me on Twitter!
4. Leave a comment down below on what gift set you think you might like and leave either your twitter handle or email address so we can let you know if you won!

A winner will be chosen on Sunday November 9, 2014.

MUST LIVE IN THE USA TO ENTER!

Even if you don't win, I highly recommend trying out these candles! For $25.00 you get a set of three and you can pick which Candle Gift Set Edition you liked to try!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana
         
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share This!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I want these! I'd LOVE the Fresh & Clean! My twitter is dirtydeenyc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! You are the winner of the give-a-way!! I will PM you for your address details! Congrats and I hope you enjoy the candle set!!

      Delete

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates